Hello my amazing eco fashionistas... It has been awhile since our last post, but just as the NY Knicks have come out of hibernation with Jeremy Lin, we had to resurface with an awesome new brand to tote
A little background on the brand: SnapSac is a division of 1 Bag at a Time, Inc., a leading supplier of reusable bags to grocery stores, businesses, governments, schools, libraries and community groups. The company is committed to social, environmental, and economic responsibility. Like c. marchuska, SnapSac strives to bring you products that are fashionable, socially responsible and reasonably priced!
I had the pleasure these past two weeks of reviewing the ultra chic and eco fabulous SnapSacs in Petite, Super and Mega styles. Being a big fan of reusable bags, I have tried my fair share of different brands made out of different fabrics and materials. However, these bags immediately appealed to me with their bright colors and compact fold ability – perfect for travel and shopping!
For my review, I tested the bags' usability in two different situations – everyday and household.
For every day, I used the Petite and Super totes for the following tasks:
- Gym – I loaded the bag chuck full of sneakers, sweats, water bottle, gym lock, etc.
- Work – I carried books, magazines and binders to and from work on my busy NYC commute.
- Weekend Trips – I used the bags for all things necessary for a weekend away including toiletries, shoes, clothes and books.
For household, I used the Mega tote for the following tasks:
- Laundry - Even my boyfriend tested it out for this functionality with carrying 3 large loads of laundry in the Mega tote. (He won't admit it, but he felt pretty stylish schlepping his clean clothes in the reusable blue tote on Manhattan's Upper East Side).
- Hardware – I carried parts of a desk along with tools on this task (not your normal household task, but I thought I would give it a whirl)
I have to say these bags really surpassed my expectations for durability and user-friendliness. Even though the bags were overfilling every time I tested them, they still proved easy to carry with the positioning and sizing of the handles. I also adore how easy they are to clean - machine wash cold, line dry - no muss no fuss! Clearly these terrific totes were created for that busy bee person in mind.
So what was my overall review of the SnapSac totes, you ask???
I am definitely a fan and recommend you check them out today here! They also make perfect gifts for the socially conscious person on the go At prices between $2.50 and $9.99 a tote, I think I may start using them in place of wrapping paper for friends and family! Excited to hear what you lovely readers think as well - so check them out and let us know what you think! As always, tweet (@cmarchuska) or facebook us if you would like us to review one of your eco-fab products - we will be sure to get you a timely review
Have a great eco chic week!
- Christine Marchuska
- Designers We Admire
- Eco Product Reviews
- Our Community
- People We Admire
- The People Behind the Brand
- The Story of the Brand
- Weekly Eco Fashion Roundup
- What's eco fashion?